Here is your Chelsea morning digest on Thursday, June 2.
Chelsea ‘interested’ in Rabiot
Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot this summer. However, they will face competition from Newcastle United for his signature.
According to Italian publication Corriere Dello Sport (h/t) Sport Witness, Rabiot is likely to leave Juve in the upcoming transfer window with a move to the Premier League mooted as a potential destination. The 27-year-old has just one year remaining on his contract and the Italian giants are reportedly keen to sell this summer rather than risk losing him for free in 12 months.
The France international’s agent, who is also his mother, had hoped that a return to Paris Saint-Germain could be on the cards. However, it’s believed the Ligue 1 champions have shown little interest in re-signing their former star; opening the door for a potential move to Stamford Bridge.
READ MORE: Todd Boehly has plans for Christian Pulisic as Chelsea benefit from Ousmane Dembele transfer
Pulisic responds to transfer rumours
Christian Pulisic has revealed he is “excited” for what lies ahead at Chelsea under new owner Todd Boehly but refused to commit his future to the club. The Blues winger has been linked with a move away from the club ahead of the summer transfer window after an underwhelming season.
Pulisic started just 13 of Chelsea’s 38 Premier League matches last season – finding the net on six occasions. The 23-year-old has subsequently become frustrated at the lack of playing time at Stamford Bridge.
Juventus are said to be interested in the USA international, but Pulisic has refused to be drawn on transfer speculation. “As far as right now, I’m obviously just focused on what I’m doing here [on international duty],” he said. “And I’m super excited to be here. And yeah, that’s it.
Read the full story here.
Boehly ‘planning for life without Granovskaia’
New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly is reportedly planning for life without Roman Abramovich’s right-hand ally Marina Granovskaia as a possible replacement has been identified ahead of her expected exit date.
Granovskaia, alongside the likes of Bruce Buck, have been long-serving directors at Stamford Bridge under the now-former owner who sold the club to Boehly and the Clearlake Capital consortium earlier this week. The Russian businesswoman, who is renowned for leading the club’s transfer negotiations, won the award for best sporting director at the most recent Golden Boy awards.
With her knowledge of the transfer market, it was expected that Boehly would offer her the chance to stay to oversee a period of transition from the old to the new regime but this doesn’t seem to be the case, if the latest reports in Germany are to be believed. According to Sport Bild, Boehly is preparing for Granovskaia’s August exit with the appointment of Atletico Madrid’s Andrea Berta who is being eyed as her natural heir.
Read the full story here.
Source by Football London